We are pleased to announce that in 2019 we achieved our Bronze Green Tourism Award.
Our Mission Statement
Friends of Dundonald Castle SCIO recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will only supply biodegradable takeaway food and drink container items
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will locally source food supplies wherever possible.
- We will avoid food waste where possible, using portion control and ensure all food waste is deposited in the appropriate manner
- We will reduce the need to travel, by restricting, combining and car sharing trips.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will seek to provide electrical car charge points.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will inform our customers of our commitments and encourage them to support us.
- We will support local crafters and businesses where possible to reduce CO2 and to give them an outlet for their products
- We will support the local and wider community with affordable events accessible to all
- We will host and/or support local groups and other charities using the centre.
- We will promote and encourage walking and cycling using the route from the visitor centre to Troon for health and wellbeing
For more information please follow this link https://www.green-tourism.com/members/awards